Model 152 PSU dummy loads - Re: NeXT Cube - powers on briefly then off again

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:32:37 CDT 2015

Not sure how much of a noob you are, although you repeatedly claim to be
one so just on the safe side we'll cover some Engineering for Poets (or
Programmers) to reassure you ;) --

V = I * R
Power (watts) = I * V

You know the voltage of the monitor. You know the resistance of your
resistor. So, you also know the maximum power the resistor needs to be
rated to dissipate.

If the spec says the single air-cooled resistor you're buying is good to
dissipate X watts into ambient temperature Y, I'd just go ahead and believe
it.

Make sure the numbers work out and you're fine, no heavy duty HVAC needed.
:-P

Cheers,

- Ian

--