Quantum Link (Q-Link)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Oct 25 18:38:45 CDT 2015

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015, ethan at 757.org wrote:
> There is a television show running on television now called "Halt and catch
> fire" and I think they are basing it around Quantum Link as part of the
> story. It's not historical but a period drama or something.

and Compaq?

I liked the part about IBM suing them for disassembly of the BIOS!
and the hardware approach to how to read the content of the BIOS.
(on a functioning machine with DEBUG.COM)
Admittedly, it was more than a month after the announcement of the 5150
before I could buy a copy of the Technical Reference Manual, which had
source code of the BIOS.

You can learn a lot about the details of history from it.