Retro Reproduction.

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Fri Oct 23 13:48:53 CDT 2015

On 10/23/2015 11:33 AM, rod wrote:
> Hi Noel
>             Your ps comments are very perceptive.
> I have no doubt that people out there are gathering TTL  even as we speak.

Hides the 74LSxx and solder ... pulls out some knitting.
If they still had edge connectors, 74LS382's and the old DOS pcb
software I might consider it rather than a fpga.

> The one I always call to mind is the guys who built themselves flight
> simulators
>   out of genuine parts.
>
> I've seen replica cars of all kinds.
> Boats yes
> Steam Engines are good but one group built a brand new railway engine
> from 1930's drawings.

It does seem mechanical stuff is dieing art.
I think what we need to do is get those who have big iron
make a list of spares needed and group buy the parts while they
still can be found. 7474's can be found but 74H74's?
Ben.