KIM Uno /PiDP-11 plans...

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Oct 23 12:22:27 CDT 2015

    > OK, I've cracked the part number code. The things we are looking for are:
    >	7101J50 CxE
    >	7108J50 CxE
    > the C+K Web site showed two places (Electro-Sonic and
    > Online-Components) stocking 7101J50 CQE2's .. investigating further now.

OK, so I've ordered 10 7101J50-CQE2's from Online (that was their minium
order, sigh). _Iff_ they fit into the old front panels, I'll let the list
know.

Nobody had the 7108J50C's (the momentary contact ones), but if the 7101J50C's
are the Right Thing, I'm prepared to order a batch of the 7108's from C+K;
the minium order looks like 40 or so (that's how many the distributors who
had the 7101J50-CQE2's had ordered), which I can do off the cuff (and resell
at cost to anyone who needs one); if the minimum is larger, we'll have to
reconsider how to proceed.

The ones from Online are like $5 each, which sounds a lot for a switch, but
if you're got a PDP-11 with a non-operable front pable because a switch is
busted, it's downright cheap! Also, that will of course include the
distributor's markup - if we bought a batch directly from C+K, we might be
able to get that down quite a bit.

Anyway, let's see if the 7101J50-C's fit, then we can discuss how to proceed.

	Noel