VT100 and/or VT105 rescued from scrap

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Oct 22 09:32:22 CDT 2015

> On Oct 22, 2015, at 9:15 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at Update.UU.SE> wrote:

> The VT100 is field upgradeable to a VT101 (I think) or a VT102 (I know). However, the VT102 is not the same as a VT100 with the added AVO and printer. Functionally they are the same, but inside they will look different.

That doesn't sound right.

The way I remember it is that the VT100 comes in several configurations (for example AVO or not) and you can field modify it from one to another.

On the other hand, the VT101 and VT102 are fixed configs (that is, not intended to be field upgradable), roughly matching the base and AVO versions of the VT100 in functionality.

It may be that you could, with enough knowledge, turn a VT101 into a VT102 or vice versa, but that wasn't a supported operation from what I remember.

	paul