Firing up old printers

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:18:30 CDT 2015

I thought Fedron was the go-to solvent for the printing / ink industry?
It's also used to clean rubber parts, iirc.

Interesting point about the single-side vs. trad. cloth ribbons. I'm using
a cheap-o replacement in my Panasonic "Quiet" Color KXT 24-pin (NLQ). I
don't recall what ribbon was in it when it arrived, other than it was
totally shot. I only use black ribbons, the color are no use to me - and
terribly expensive.

It's an excellent printer, as nice as any I have ever used or owned, and
very compatible with the popular C-64 interfaces. Are we really cruisin'
for a brusin' using cheap ribbons in this machine? Fwiw, it sees little,
but occasional use - not sure if that's good or bad! ;-)

-Bill