Oddball floppies for trade - 8", HS (outer edge), weird cutout

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sun Oct 18 22:39:37 CDT 2015

On 10/18/2015 08:00 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> IBM occupied a large segment of the market and was a
> favorite target for lots of followers.  If you just
> observe the passage of Memorex through the history of
> acquisitions and being acquired and sold, it's truly
> amazing that Memorex still exists--as a brand of Imation.
As 3rd party vendors in the IBM plug-compatible arena went,
Memorex was pretty large.  We had an IBM shop at Washington
University, but after the CPUs, practically the whole room
went to Memorex-supported gear.  They get 3330-compatible
drives, later upgraded to 3350-compatible, and maybe later
upgraded again.  They used Memorex 3674 controllers (they
had 2 of them).  They had at least one Memorex 1270 com
controller.  They had two 370/145s with AMS/Intersil 1 Meg
memory units, installed and supported by Memorex.  I can't
recall specifics, but I think there were other memorex units
there, too.

Jon