Data General NOVA 4/C help

R SMALLWOOD rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 18 12:45:23 CDT 2015

Ok good
               I don't think the heads will load until the floppy disk is turning.
If its a belt driven drive (most 8" drives were) replace the belt anyway.
I have seen plenty of drives where the belt has become sticky and glued itself
to one of the drive wheels.  It tries to turn and breaks.
So clean off any residue on the drive wheels.

I am short on DG knowledge but the norm was disk present plus door closed would cause motor start
either as a drive function or via a CPU interrupt.