Fair price and ways to find a teletype

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:43:11 CDT 2015

On 14 October 2015 at 00:25, Brad <unclefalter at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I only ever see teletypes for sale on ebay, only in the US, and of course I
> don't bite because of shipping costs, plus usually people ask insane prices
> for them.  I am wondering what a reasonable price should be for a unit with
> a paper tape reader, and any tips on how I might go about finding one beyond
> Craigs, etc, up here in Canada.  And anything I should watch out for and so
> on.

Greenkeys mailing list:
ever wanted to know about Teletype machines (though most discussion
revolves around Model 15 and Model 28; e.g. the "Baudot" machines
you'd encounter for Telex, and in the applications most often
discussed, RTTY.

Of course discussion of the Model 33 (and other teleprinters both by
Teletype Corporation and others) is welcome, and so is buying and
selling and discussions of such.

Also, cheers from a fellow Canuck.

Regards,
Christian