Computers in Election Vigils - take two

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Oct 9 12:19:09 CDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Alexandre Souza <
alexandre.tabajara at gmail.com> wrote:

> After the fiasco about the Deibold machines changing votes during the Bush
>> election of 2000, Brazil opted for them?
>>

>    Yep. Welcome to the land of the stupid.

The county I live in has paper ballots. You go, you color in the circles,
you have it sucked up into a machine that tallies it and places it in a
nice, neat stack locked in the machine. Electronic re-counts involve taking
the ballots out of the machine, putting them on top and then hitting a
button. 120 per second can be rescanned, so in a few minutes, the whole
recount is done. And, if there's ever a need, it can be done by hand...
Best of both worlds.

Warner