Compaq Portable II - IDE compatibility (and setup disk image)

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:07:54 CDT 2015

On 10/06/2015 09:35 PM, Tothwolf wrote:
> If you know the Softpaq number, I can see if I have the configuration disk
> in my archives.

Thanks - I just found it last night on a vintage computer page for the
Portable III (but the II seems to use the same software).

It's booting from hard disk now - although the system board battery is
snafu, so it loses its config again as soon as the power's off.  Now to
find a replacement drive, I doubt that the one I had to open up will stay
running for long! :-)

cheers

Jules