Apple II+ repair details

Terry Stewart terry at webweavers.co.nz
Mon Nov 30 17:52:41 CST 2015

>Peter Coghlan dropped me a note privately, saying the signal of the F8 ROM
could also be caused by the pin not connecting properly.  The replacement
ROM could have had been sufficiently >different in that the legs were at a
slightly different angle etc.  This would also make sense, as I couldn't
understand why their wasn't anything on the earth rail (and why the PSU
didn't shut >itself off).

Incidentally, I did check when the machine was off to see if that F8 earth
pin did connect to ground.  It appeared to, but then I was putting some
pressure on the pin when I was taking the measurement.  It might have been
enough to force a connection in the socket.

Terry (Tez)