Interfacing PDP 11/05 to VT 50

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 21:13:08 CST 2015

On Nov 30, 2015 9:14 PM, "william degnan" <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an 11/05 with ASR 33 for I/O.  I am using the M9970 console card
to make the connection.  I have loaded papertape BASIC into core (16K) and
it boots up from 000 000 to the TTY, I can type in programs, etc.

> Question - I'd like to switch over to a VT 50 in 20ma mode.  Not sure if
this is possible based on what I read here:

http://www.retrocmp.com/how-tos/interfacing-to-a-pdp-1105/144-interfacing-with-a-pdp-1105-sorting-the-wires

To clarify, I meant I don't think you can interface with the vt50 with loop
20ma, so instead I wanted to split the IO between the TTY for program
storage and vt50 using M7856 serial card.

I am guessing this is the way to go, but I have never done this before.
Good plan?  Anyone have this kind of set up now?

Bill