papertape repair tape or kit wanted

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 06:22:00 CST 2015

> punches and two keyboardless golfball typewriters.  I have forgotten
> exactly what types they were. I think the punch said something like
> BPRE on it and the readers did not match the rest of the system being

Probably BRPE (normally pronounced 'Burpee') which is a high speed
(something like 110 characters/second) paper tape punch from
Teletype.

IIRC the Teletype ones were in a grey all-metal cabinet with a lift-up
lid. There was also a Data Dynamics version in a cabinet with a smoked
perspex door and with a couple of pygmy light bulbs under the chad box
to illuminate the front. That looks pretty but doesn't change the perfomance...

-tony