papertape repair tape or kit wanted

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 29 08:29:29 CST 2015

> Anyone have a source to purchase the tape to repair a papertape, or a kit
> such as what they have here:
>
> http://physicsmuseum.uq.edu.au/paper-tape-repair-tool

I have actually bought such hand punching kits in charity shops (thrift stores) in
the UK -- but about 15 years ago. No, the ones I have are not for sale, I still use
paper tape a lot...

For a splicing jig it's worth remembering that the holes on normal paper tape are
on  0.1" matrix so a line of pins soldered to a scrap of stripboard can be used to
hold the sprocket holes in alignment. Of course you need the pre-punched sticky
tape, but its one part you can easily make.

-tony