x86/DOS system backup via rs232?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 09:52:47 CST 2015

On 11/13/2015 11:56 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> connected them with a Laplink parallel cable (I've still got a box of
> them).

Roughly what length are the cables? And do you know if they do anything
special internally regarding shielding of the data lines?

I think I should probably wire one up, and I have various old printer
cables etc. laying around to use for donor parts, but I expect that data
skew is a problem over any significant distance.

(I'm not sure if a clone of intersvr exists for Linux, but I *think* I can
run dosemu and map it to the native parallel port anyway)

cheers

Jules