Announcing TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Nov 7 10:02:14 CST 2015

Well, about two weeks since my last announcement, but I figured I should
do another one.

I've cut a new release of TCP/IP for RSX, and I encourage everyone to
update to this latest release.

A short list of changes since my last release:

Documentation:
. I've worked some on the documentation, and filled out some parts that
were previously TBD.

TCP:
. Performance improvements. In general, I've improved file transfer
performance by about 20% by tuning when TCP ACK messages as well as
window updates are sent. On links where packets are dropped from time to
time, the performance improvements can be significantly higher.
. Bugfix. Retry counter were incorrectly reset under some circumstances.
. Bugfix. TCP did not resend an ACK if the same data was received twice.
. Bugfix. TCP sockets could erronously be left in a closed state with
   no task. However, looking at the socket, it looked like a task was
   associated.

FTP:
. Size calculation for stream type files in RSX mode was done incorrectly.

Applications:
. I've included a precompiled version of PCL.TSK

As usual, the distribution is available from:
ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.dsk
ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.tap
ftp://ftp.update.uu.se/pub/pdp11/rsx/tcpip/tcpip.dsk

The documentation is also available through ftp on Mim, or also at
http://mim.update.uu.se/tcpipdoc

	Johnny