Testing H7864 (MicroVAX II) PSU With No Load

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 1 14:47:11 CST 2015

> Then you've not come across the ones in TK50Z desktop cases (and a few
> other things).  They don't like operating without a minimum load,

No, probably not. Actually I may have one somewhere, but have never had to
repair it, so have never run it without a load.

Thanks for the warning though!

> without which various parts sacrifice themselves to protect the fuse.  I

How unusual. My experience is that a transistor protected by an expensive
fast-acting fuse will fail short-circuit, thus taking out the fuse as well.

-tony