Old HP test equipment power connectors...

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Wed May 27 16:50:41 CDT 2015

On 2015-May-27, at 2:18 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> I did a little checking today--I compared a male 163-type receptacle with a C14 receptacle.  The mounting ear holes appear to have the same spacing; the C14 is about 3/4" thick, where the 163 (metal shell) is about 1/2" thickness, so you'd need to enlarge the mounting holes about 1/8"  on the top and bottom.  The 163 is a bit wider, but not enough to matter--you'll have to square off the hole corners, as the shell of a 163 is oval, not rectangular.

Oh, unfortunately the screw holes are not quite the same spacing, but it's possible to file them a fraction to the side on the chassis and still have good coverage and seating of the nut.

See pic at bottom of page:  http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~hilpert/e/powerConn/index.html

> All in all, if done carefully, there's no indication that anyone could tell if a modification had been made.

Yup, I should take pics of the progressive stages when I do one sometime.