IBM 5110 Emulator in JavaScript

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Tue May 26 09:17:37 CDT 2015

On 5/25/2015 11:29 AM, Norbert Kehrer wrote:
> I ported Christian Corti's great IBM 5110 emulator to JavaScript, so you
> can work with an emulated IBM 5110 directly in your (HTML5-capable) web
> browser.
>
> There are still some bugs in it, disk and tape support are still
> missing, and I could not test it with a non-German keyboard layout. I
> nonetheless wanted to share the WIP version to give you a first impression.
>
> You can try it out and write some small BASIC or APL programs at
> http://members.aon.at/nkehrer
>
> Greetings
>
> Norbert

Very nice.  I would like to suggest if it isn't too much trouble that
you see about a soft keyboard.  I tried using it in a mode I use all the
time.  I have a number of virtual desktops that I connect to and use via
RDP.  I am using a mac for the system with the screen (has a retina
display).

Problem is the keyboard is for the mac, so the keyboard mappings is
useless.  I know this is an oddball situation, but is probably one worth
thinking about.

The approach I would prefer would be similar to what X3270 does, to
launch the soft keys when needed.

It worked fine, entered a basic program and it proceeded to take off.  I
just didn't have any way to break the execution.

Excellent work.

thanks
Jim