PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue May 26 07:23:54 CDT 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 08:07:04PM -0400, Michael Thompson wrote:
> so the processor is substantially functional.

This is substantially cool.

> We tried the ASR33 Teletype that came with the system. The mechanics were
> sticky from not being used for 30 years

This is substantially crazy :-)

IIRC the mechanics were kind of sticky when new.

The whole "changing flip-flops" thing really took me back.  I learned
to do that in high school on our Control Data G-15.  The multiply
instruction was the first to go :-)

I kept it running for some time using that method.  (of course we did
not have a budget to order spares)

mcl