8-bit Computer TV Channel Use

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Sat May 23 14:42:47 CDT 2015

On May 23, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Chris Elmquist <chrise at pobox.com> wrote:

> The GBS-8200/8220 does support CGA

The GBS-8200/8220 supports analog signals, not digital. It will directly support the 15khz misnamed “CGA” of arcade monitors (which is the same RGB signal the IIgs puts out), but that’s an analog signal, not digital. For use with the Commodore 128 I had to build a small circuit which converts the RGBI signal to analog RGB.

In the case of the BBC Micro which also puts out 5V TTL digital RGB, I didn’t bother with lowering the levels since the GBS-8200 didn’t care and I didn’t need to deal with a 4th intensity signal.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com