54 TK50 tapes on eBay

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed May 20 14:06:23 CDT 2015

Am 19.05.15 um 12:25 schrieb Johnny Billquist:

> Wow. That is definitely YMMV then. I've never seen that happen anywhere,
> and I occasionally still work with TK50s. (Even professionally.)
It was a TZ30 in a DEC3000 running NetBSD, IIRC. We tried several TK50
tapes and all of them exhibited the sticky tape problem. And my 9-track
tapes are rotten to the point of uselessness too. They still worked most
of the time about 10 years ago. (In 2001 I installed 2.11BSD on my /73
using a TK50.) The tapes where stored under normal household conditions.
I suppose the time of those tapes is long gone. The only use for them
now is wall decoration. :-(
--

tschüß,
       Jochen