54 TK50 tapes on eBay

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun May 17 14:29:20 CDT 2015

> On May 17, 2015, at 12:17, Henk Gooijen <henk.gooijen at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> ----- I am not going to look, I might be tempted ...
> If it sells for less than $50, I'd say "go for it".  The TUK-50
> is not that often on sale. With this module you can connect
> the TK50 to any UNIBUS system.
> You need some flat cable from the module to the TK50,
> but it is a "straight" cable IIRC.  If needed, I can check.
> My 11/44 has a TK50 (thus a TUK-50 module installed).

Well, $55 with free shipping is close enough! I bought the card, which I could always use in my 11/44 project, too.

Now I'm trying to learn about the drives. I understand the TUK50 board has a 26ish-pin header for the drive cable. I see an ugly-looking TK50D external drive on eBay, but it appears to have a 50-pin D connector. There are also some TK50Z SCSI (?) external drives listed, which I presume are not applicable. Maybe I'd need to get an internal drive and cobble together a power source.

> On May 17, 2015, at 12:24, Henk Gooijen <henk.gooijen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I could not resist ... a quick search did not find a TUK-50 ...
> Note that the M7546 is for QBUS.  Saw a few of those, ranging
> from some $25 (acceptable) to $799.99 (way insane crazy!)

That's because I just bought the only M7547 listed! ;)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/