8/12 DECUS library, was PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Sat May 16 08:19:58 CDT 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 08:28:03AM -0700, Lyle Bickley wrote:

> I donated my PDP-12 with all it's peripherals and the complete PDP-8 and
> PDP-12 DECUS libraries to the Computer History Museum around 1996.

All the rumors I had heard said they were lost. This is good to hear.
Was this both the writeups and the programs?

If I read the history right 1996 was when what is now called the CHM in
California was started. Is that where it was donated?

I assume then that it still exists and hopefully will make it online
at some time. Do you have any knowledge of its current status?