Dead RF31 DSSI Disk.. A508 SOLVED!

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Tue May 12 03:13:45 CDT 2015

Holm Tiffe wrote:

> Jarratt RMA wrote:
>
> [..]

> > > ...there is a dutch site that means that the head assembly ist stuck..
> > >
> > > I'll look into that drive tomorrow, maybe I can fix this.
> > > (not the first drive, but I'm unhappy that I have to open it).
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Holm
> > >

> > > --
> > >       Technik Service u. Handel Tiffe, www.tsht.de, Holm Tiffe,
> > >      Freiberger Straße 42, 09600 Oberschöna, USt-Id: DE253710583
> > >   www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741
> > >

> > As it is Dutch I may not be able to read it, but if you could post the link
> > it might still  be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rob
>

> :-)
>
> http://www.josvandijken.nl/computer_dec_microvax_3400.php
>
> The first "Log" window shows what is the problem (A508) and the text
> after that window says that the disk got some pedagogic kick and after that
> it decided to work again..
>
> Can't read dutch, but it has similarities to german. Google translates
> it to something unreadable..
>
> I'll try that pedagogic kick first..
>
> Regards,
>
> Holm

Yes guys, it's true.
I've successfully "repaired" the drive with an careful hit from a
rubber-hammer! It seems that this way a stick headassemble gets free'd up
again.
The drive is online now, no more Fault LED.
I'm currently let the drive exerciser run on it.

Kind Regards,

Holm

  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741