PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

Doug Ingraham dpi at dustyoldcomputers.com
Mon May 11 10:36:17 CDT 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Pontus <pontus at update.uu.se> wrote:

> Sounds like a very nice PDP-12 setup. Does the Omnibus expansion allow for
> Omnibus memory as well?

Pretty sure that only IOT's type operations are translated by the posibus
to omnibus converter.  I believe this includes single cycle data break
devices.  And while Data break allows the I/O devices to talk to the CPU
memory system it is quite different from allowing the CPU to talk to
Omnibus memory.

I have read that there was a device that allowed an 8/I to be interfaced to
Omnibus memory and some machines were sold this way but I have never seen
one.

--
Doug Ingraham
PDP-8 SN 1175