RT11 / RSTS-E games

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:10:51 CDT 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
> On that “extra system call” — is that because RT-11 emulation on RSTS
> assigns an RT11 memory limit based on information in the executable file?

That seems right.

> If so, you can work around that by switching into the RT11 runtime system,
> issuing the command “SI 28” then run the program.

Ah... did not know that (I was never a RSTS/E hacker back in the day -
we had v6, v7, v8 and v9 at work for supporting our few remaining RSTS
customers and our accounting department in 1985) but I myself didn't
do much on the systems that wasn't previously delved and documented.
I've done a *lot* more on RSX-11 and RT-11 (including serious
development).

Thanks for that tip.  I may have to bust out a RSTS implementation on
Simh to try things out.

-ethan