360/50 microcode listing

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:33:27 CDT 2015

1. IBM would very often lease rather than sell, and take back machines when
customers upgraded; it was obviously in their interests to control or
eliminate where possible the market in used machines.

2. Gold. A lot of gold in old IBM kit. I knew a scrap dealer in Chelmsford
UK that did nothing but break old IBM mainframes (only ever big boring grey
boxes when I was there in mid to late 1990s though!)

Mike