Computers_With_BASIC_in_ROM / was Re: Texas Instruments CC-40 won't boot

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Sun May 3 11:02:24 CDT 2015

On May 3, 2015, at 8:44 AM, Rick Bensene <rickb at bensene.com> wrote:

> OK, so should the Tandy 600 be included on the list? This machine had a ROM socket accessible through a compartment on the bottom of the machine. The machine didn't come with BASIC in its standard configuration.

Definitely not. If it didn’t even include BASIC as standard then it doesn’t really fit.

> However, if the list specifies that only machines that "powered up running BASIC

Perhaps I need to find a better way to name the list. The computer doesn’t necessarily need to boot into BASIC, as long as BASIC was available as standard without having to swap software cartridges or load from external media.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com