Computers_With_BASIC_in_ROM / was Re: Texas Instruments CC-40 won't boot

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Sun May 3 09:56:24 CDT 2015

On 2015-05-03 02:13, Brent Hilpert wrote:
> On 2015-May-02, at 2:26 PM, Chris Osborn wrote:
>
>>   I mostly got it because I wanted to try out the BASIC on it so I could update the list of computers with BASIC in ROM that I started on Wikipedia.
>>
>>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:FozzTexx/List_of_Computers_With_BASIC_in_ROM
>

> You're missing the HP 9830 (which would be the first, 1972). (full tokenisation if I have your meaning correct, FP support)
>
> The Wang 2000 (mid 70s) would be another I believe, if I have the model/series correct - others can speak to that one better than I can.

Fun. I saw the Luxor ABC-80 in that list. I used one back in the day.
The basic do full tokenization, and support both integer and fp math,
and do skip the for loop if the end value is before the start value.

While I'm at it, other Luxor computers that should also be there:
ABC-800, ABC-802 and ABC-806. They extended on the ABC-80. The basic was
called "BASIC II", and had many of the same properties as the ABC-80
basic. However, they could do partial tokenization as well, as they
supported long variable names, and additional constructs not available
in the ABC-80.
They were really good machines.

	Johnny