IBM Mainframe

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Sat May 2 14:06:10 CDT 2015

I just received my first IBM mainframe.  It's an IBM Multiprise 3000
model 7060-H30.  It's a a P/390 class machine.  It has 6 18GB drives and
3 9 GB drives.  I'll be posting some pictures on my website soon.

Getting it home was interesting since the freight companies can't made
the drive from the main roads to my house (curse of living out in the
country) so I had to run down to the shipping depot (about 60 miles
away) and have them load up the pallet into the bed of my pickup truck
which meant getting it out without a forklift was going to be
interesting!  It wasn't until I got home that I realized that it was
packed in the original crate from IBM!  It even had the original
uncrating instructions stuffed into the crate...which wasn't
particularly useful!

Overall it appears to be in really good shape.  There were also a number
of other "goodies" in the crate including some new in the bag
bus-and-tag cables.

It'll be a bit before I can power it up and see what's there because I
have to find an SVGA monitor and a PS/2 keyboard and mouse.

TTFN - Guy