RS/6000 (AIX) password reset - Linux?

Kirk B Davis kirkbdavis at hush.com
Fri May 1 21:06:56 CDT 2015

Did a quick Google search. Here's a thread discussing booting from CD's:

http://www.unix.com/aix/19272-booting-rs-6000-machines-cd.html

Here's a eBay seller with the RS/6000 boot discs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-AIX-OS-Ver-5L-for-POWER-V-5-1-5765-E61-LINUX-affinity-RS-6000-5-new-discs-/381244154027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c3ec20ab

I don't know about RS6000's so I don't know if these are bootable in your system (correct processor etc). But basically you need to boot the boot disc boot in single user mode. Mount the root partition and and edit the password files. If you don't need what is on the disks you'd be better off doing a fresh install.