Installing a TF85 into a BA440 Enclosure

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 29 02:18:04 CDT 2015

I have a TF85 I want to install into a BA440 enclosure. I took the mounting
rails from a TK70 and combined it with the small board from an RF drive
which has the DSSI cable and a power cable. I plugged the power cable into a
socket on a board attached to the drive. The drive itself has another power
socket. I assumed it was getting power from the socket on the board attached
to the drive, but when I power on the machine, the tape drive itself appears
not to get any power. Is there supposed to be a special board that goes into
the mounting that has *two* power cables?

I have tried to find documentation on this but have not been able to find
anything.

Thanks

Rob