What kind of adhesive for floppy drive?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:45:06 CDT 2015

Could it be one of those thick-bodied sealing lacquers, such as used to fix
trimmer controls in place, and so on? I've seen them in deep green, red and
a sort of amber color, but not blue.

I'm sure many of us are familiar with the material - it holds fasteners &
control shafts in place very well, but 'shatters' and falls away fairly
cleanly, once you give the treated part a good twist.

Glyptal is also used in those applications, but that material is typically
opaque and a burnt-orange color. It's also a lot tougher.