Huge IBM 1800 find (and need some help)

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:20:28 CDT 2015

> Can anybody verify the 2311 uses the hydraulic head positioner?

Yes, 2311 is hydraulic. 2311s, apart from the head of string, are also
almost completely empty, and could be moved down a stair by one guy
with a two-wheeler.

> There are, of course, no replacements for SLT modules, as
> IBM stopped making them in the late 1960's!

Most SLT is remarkably easy to find. I think there has been a steady
stream of SLT cards on EBay continuously for the past ten years!
Fairly complete data for the standard SLT system has also been
available for some time. The only SLT that would probably be a bear to
find is the high speed grade.

--
Will