Mac SE/30 making zipping and buzzing noises

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:52:14 CDT 2015

In the meantime, have you re-soldered the power connections to the analog
board? There's a group of them, large-ish pins (might be a connector body,
don't totally recall), which tend to develop near-invisible cracks in the
joints where they meet the board.

AFAIK the issue is common to all of the classic compact Macs, and it can
cause all sorts of odd problems.