VMS Notify SimH beeping

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Mon Mar 16 13:34:33 CDT 2015

Sander Reiche wrote:
> Probably stupid question, I'm sure, but I'd like to disable the beeping of
> SimH when VMS is notifying. I cannot seem to find anything of a
> configurable parameter in the documentation.

If you are getting opcom messages on the console, log on to the console and
do a REPLY /DISABLE to stop the messages until the next reboot.

Have a look at the comments in SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGICALS.TEMPLATE regarding
OPC$OPA0_ENABLE and OPC$OPA0_CLASSES for details on how to disable opcom
messages permanently.

For other ways of filtering the messages, check out the online help for
SET BROADCAST and SET TERMINAL /BROADCAST

If you want the messages but not the beeps, it should be possible to write
a program that listens for messages and writes them out without beeping.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.