DEC manuals: interest to scan it?

Antonio Carlini arcarlini at iee.org
Mon Mar 16 09:12:40 CDT 2015

I'd start by searching (by part number) using Manx:
http://manx.classiccmp.org/search.php

If a manual is available on the net, then manx usually lists it and offers
a link (at least for DEC manuals).
It also lists manuals that are known to exist but are not known to be
available, so you do need to check that it offers a download link (and,
probably) check that the link works.

Whenever I've scanned stuff for bitsavers, I've done so at 600dpi, B&W, G4
encoded, scanned to PDF. Very occasionally a few pages in a manual have had
a photograph, so I've scanned those at 600 dpi 8-bit (greyscale) and
substitued the page if it looks better. I've never found a clever way to do
pages that are mostly B&W but have a small amount of colour (such as some
of the older RSX manuals), so I've defaulted to 300dpi 24-bit colour for
those pages.

Uploading to bitsavers via FTP used to be the method I used to send stuff
in bulk. I suppose these days you could upload to dropbox and offer links
that way.

Antonio
arcarlini at iee.org