IBM 5100 Restoration in progress

Santo Nucifora santo.nucifora at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 09:03:06 CDT 2015

Yes, it is an external tape drive that is very similar to the internal
drive.  I'm guessing it was touted as doubling the "mass storage" for the
5100 but it was probably used for backups. Unfortunately, I don't have any
tapes or documentation and thee is supposed to be a supplemental tape that
had the utility to make backup tapes.

I'll take some more pics when I clean it up.  I've only ever seen a picture
of the front online.

There are a few examples out there but it is not common.