Difference between MBASIC51 and 52 for CP/M?

Alexis Kotlowy thrashbarg at kaput.homeunix.org
Sun Jun 28 17:56:02 CDT 2015

Hi list,

I'm implementing my own CP/M-80 work-alike using the FAT16 file system.
So far it's working nicely but there's a curious problem with Microsoft
BASIC. MBASIC51.COM will load files fine, but MBASIC52.COM won't,
behaving like the files are 0 bytes long. It calls the open-file routine
and that's it.

I'm just curious about the differences between version 5.1 and 5.2. I'm
assuming I'm not returning correct information in the FCB, but I'm
unable to figure out what that might be.

Here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT4dBda2CKw

Cheers,

Alexis K.