Megaprocessor - built from individual transistors

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Wed Jun 24 03:27:56 CDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 06:10:38AM +0000, dave at 661.org wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Phil Budne wrote:
>
> >If I were going thru the trouble, I'd want build a TX-0 clone!
>
> I think it would me more interesting to build a replica of a pdp-8
> straight-eight using significantly-reduced flip chips with
> surface-mount parts.

This exact thing has been on my TODO-list for a while. It will probably
remain on the TODO-list for some time, but I really want to do it!

I like to think that you could shrink the computer by, at least, a
factor of four. Probably smaller.

(make the flip chips double sided and double the function of each flip
chip).

/P