Tru64 LSM

Benjamin Huntsman BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Mon Jun 22 12:54:46 CDT 2015

Hi there!
   Thanks for the reply!

   I'm using AdvFS.  You just mean that the partitions don't actually have to conform to any specific convention, right? The AdvFs domains still get defined on disk partitions, if you look at the symlinks in /etc/fdmns/<domain_name>.
   You can put a symlink to a LSM volume in there too, but the problem I'm running into is that the installer (text-based, because I don't have a graphics card) is fairly insistent upon applying a disklabel that it calculates as barely sufficient to hold the stuff you're trying to install, and wants to use 'a' for boot, 'b' for swap, 'd' for the LSM private partition, and so on and so forth.  I'll probably have to resort to setting it up without LSM, then encapsulating it, but again that wouldn't lead to a "sliced" LSM disk.  (I think)

   Might you be so kind as to show the ls -la from your /etc/fdmns/*/, and the disklabel -r dskX from the disks?

   The documentation suggests that come extra flexibility could be gained by doing a graphical install.

Thanks!

-Ben