Front Panel Tech Note 2

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 15 09:31:55 CDT 2015

I can tell you what they were called internally at DEC.
Mainly due to the fact I was there at the time.
They were called Toggles or Toggle switches and their use was called
'Toggling' hence 'To toggle in the bootstrap'
Any DEC field engineer of that time knew by heart the sequence of octal
numbers you entered to bring the system up.

Rod Smallwood