PDP-8/S

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Jun 13 11:25:39 CDT 2015

On Sat, 13 Jun 2015, John Wilson wrote:
> Re theft:  yeah there's no way a random house burglar would bother

Are the middle of the night, in the rain, in the gutter, catalytic
converter thefts actually worth it?

Besides theft issues, there can be additional reasons for anonymity.
consider the possibilities of unwanted contact.

Does Homeland Insecurity care what you are doing with it?
Zoning board?
Ex-wife?
electric rates of domestic V industrial
"Do you have permits for the rewiring?"
"Can I bring my friends over to see it?"
"Are your licenses paid up for all of OUR software?"
spammers harvesting the list?
"Will you make me a copy of the software?  I'll pay for the media"
"Sell me the handle from the switch.  I'll even pay for the postage!"
"Buy mine!"
"Buy my uncle's Dell computers, they're just as old"
"Loan it to us to shoot a movie.  We'll even pay its fair value for any
damage in the car crashes and explosions"

If I had one, I'd brag about it.