HP 3082A ("Industrial Touch") Terminal service manual or other info?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 03:34:03 CDT 2015

Just to bring closure to this (short) thread, I've solved the below
issue.  I noticed that in addition to the 31-second beep symptom that
the terminal was also no longer saving my settings after a power cycle
and so I figured the back-up battery was dead (I'd replaced it when I
got it a few years back) so I figured I'd try replacing it again and see
if had anything to do with the prolonged beep.

Answer: Tes.  The terminal now initializes normally with a nice short
series of beeps.  So, if anyone in the future sees similar symptoms, it
could very well be the battery and the HP is deciding to tell you in an
incredibly annoying and uninformative manner...

- Josh