PDP-8/e Panel Differences

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 12 07:32:34 CDT 2015

Yes most helpful Vince.

             The multitude of variants did rarther surprise me.
As you say the switch change does have to be catered for. (its now a C
or a D)
I have had one very good scan of a B panel in from a prospective client
with yet another variation.
The title header for the EMA is in its own box and not attached to the
first memoy address header

I now have a list of possible variations.
Its not quite the same as  what I had before.

A is the current shipping version

    A     No dividing lines between lamp groups
             Position 1 and 6  on select switch vertical

     B      Dividing lines between lamp groups
             Position 1 and 6  on select switch vertical

     C    No dividing lines between lamp groups
             Position 1 and 6  on select switch angled

     D     Dividing lines between lamp groups
             Position 1 and 6  on select switch angled

What I need to do is work up a portfolio of photos with an original on
one side an my replica on the other.

What is annoying is if I had travelled back to 1978 I could have walked
into the production control office in Parker St and
pulled out the file that would have told me the whole  8/e panel history.

Regards

Rod