PDP-8/e Panel Differences

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Fri Jun 12 07:00:14 CDT 2015

From: Rod Smallwood: Friday, June 12, 2015 1:51 AM
>             The current debate has produced a growing  list of
> differences between the front panels of just one model
> viz and towit the PDP-8/e
>
> Here's my list so far
> It would be nice to be able to  correlate the one list with the other
> Suggestions plese gentlemen

I would suggest that cataloging the history of 8/E front panels
is an interesting project that I wish you luck with, but it needn't
impact your production.

It seems to me that if attractive and mostly historically accurate
panels of types "A" and "B" (to fit the different rotary switches)
are available, the other differences are akin to the font differences
and replica markings you have already talked about.

Certainly the result will be clearly an 8/E (or F or M), and without
whatever damage (or loss) caused the original front panel to be
replaced.

    Vince