Chromatics on ebay

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jul 23 17:49:33 CDT 2015

On 07/23/2015 03:27 PM, William Donzelli wrote:
>> It is always hard to know the real story. It *is* possible the seller
>> genuinely didn't know what they were doing.
>
> As an Ebay veteran, I can say I have heard ALL the excuses. This does
> sound like classic sellers remorse.

I agree with this.  I've seen cases where someone cleaned out a basement
and turned up a really valuable musical instrument, put it up for
auction, then refused to honor the hammer price.  It also happens that
the seller will sometimes claim that the item was stolen or damaged or
even lost in shipping to get out of the deal.  Often, someone will
contact the seller and make a private offer.  Then, suddenly, the item
becomes "not available".  I thought that one of the eBay rules was that
a seller can cancel the auction only before a qualified bid (i.e. one
that meets the reserve, if any) has been received.

Didn't eBay used to (perhaps still does) say that "Your bid is a
contract".  Well, contracts can't be one-sided.

--Chuck