AlphaServer 4100 CPU fan

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:31:58 CDT 2015

Hi,

>Do the original fans have speed sensors?  There were several different
versions of this.  Some fans have an OK signal, some give a pulse once per
rev.  Did the original fans have 3 wires?

Yes, I put them down as +12V, GND, Pulse.

Original fan: http://f0p.co.uk/AS4100original.JPG
Replacement: http://f0p.co.uk/AS4100replacement.JPG

I'm guessing the original was slightly more 'special' than the replacement
which is just a cooling fan...

Cheers

Adrian

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?